I understand the frustrations that you have when it comes to you body. I know all about your insecurities over the size of your thighs and how hopeless that can feel.
The answer to your body frustrations is to get you up off the couch and into
the gym, day after day. So here’s my pep talk in bullet form—21 rewards that you
will gain from regular exercise.
Do yourself a favor and print this list and post it where you’ll see it every
day. When you need motivation or encouragement, simply read over this list and
Remember that action alleviates anxiety. So whenever you’re feeling anxious
over the current shape of your body, take that as a reminder to jump into
action. And then begin to reap these 21 rewards of
reset your body: Exercise has been described as a giant reset
button. A good workout will block appetite swings, improve your mood and even
help you sleep.
2. Your clothes will fit better: Consistent exercise will
tone and tighten your body, causing your clothes to not only fit better but to
also look nicer. Also exercise ensures that soon you’ll be trading your clothes
in for smaller sizes.
3. You’ll be less stressed: You have enough stress in your
life—it’s time for a break. A good workout invigorates your muscles, leaving you
relaxed and less stressed.
4. You’ll have more energy: WebMD tallied research studies
and concluded that 90% prove exercise increases energy levels in sedentary
patients. Next time you feel fatigued, fight it with the most powerful tool
5. You’ll be stronger:Exercise improves muscle strength and
endurance, two things that you use throughout each day. When you exercise
consistently you’ll be pleasantly surprised when difficult tasks begin to seem
6. You’ll be less likely to binge: Exercise has a powerful
anti-binge effect on the body. This is due in part by an increase in sensitivity
to leptin, a protein hormone, which has an appetite-taming effect.
7. You’ll burn calories:You know that excess body fat is
made up of stored and unused calories. Fight back by burning loads of calories
with fat-blasting workouts.
8. You’ll be more confident: Who doesn’t wish they walked
and talked with more confidence? A consistent exercise program will do just
that. As your body becomes more fit, watch as your confidence sky-rockets.
9. You’ll have fun: Believe it or not, exercise can be
extremely enjoyable. Remember how fun it was to run around as a child? Tap into
your inner child as you find a mode of exercise that gets you excited.
10. You’ll reduce your blood pressure: Exercise has been
proven more effective than medication in reducing blood pressure to normal
levels. A single workout has been shown to reduce blood pressure for the day and
regular exercise reduces overall blood pressure in the long run.
11. You’ll lose the jiggles: Regular exercise tightens
flabby arms, legs and waistlines. So wave goodbye to the jiggles with a solid
12. You’ll increase insulin sensitivity:Researchers at Laval
University in Quebec discovered that exercise improved insulin sensitivity
dramatically. Peak after-meal insulin levels dropped by more than 20 percent
after as little as 3 weeks of consistent exercise.
13. You’ll sleep better: Do you toss and turn for hours
before falling asleep? Exercise is a powerful sleep aid. Your tired muscles
encourage your body to quickly fall asleep so they can get their overnight
repair work done.
14. You’ll lower your risk of heart disease: Regular
exercise strengthens your heart and makes it more resilient against disease. A
sedentary lifestyle is a major risk factor for heart disease, so rest assured
that consistent exercise is your ally against disease.
15. You’ll feel great: Vigorous exercise releases natural
endorphins (happy hormones) into your blood stream that dissolve pain and
anxiety. You’ve probably heard of ‘runner’s high’, this can be achieved by any
16. You’ll lower your risk of diabetes: Studies show that
exercising as little as half an hour each day can dramatically reduce your risk
of diabetes. If you are at risk of diabetes, or already have diabetes, regular
exercise is the most effective treatment for reversing the disease.
17. You’ll meet cool people: You could benefit from a group
of new, energetic friends, right? Gyms, boot camps, workout centers and even the
jogging trail are all great places to connect with fun new friends.
18. You’ll improve your BMI: You know that maintaining a
healthy BMI is key in disease prevention. Exercise is the best way to keep your
BMI under control.
19. You’ll increase your endurance: Do you ever get out of
breath when walking up stairs or through the mall? Regular exercise builds your
endurance for everyday activities.
20. Your doctor will be impressed: How many times has your
doctor given you the lecture about losing weight and exercising more? Exercise
regularly and get your MD off your back!
21. You’ll look amazing: Are you happy with the shape and
size of your body? Regular exercise works wonders on your physique. Within a few
weeks you’ll see shape and tone in all the right places.
Are you ready to alleviate your anxiety by taking action? Good!
Simply pick up the phone, or reply to this email, and let me know that you’re
ready to get started. I have a fitness plan that’s just right for you and
together we will get you into the best shape of your life.
Let’s do this :)
Jim Sayih, MS, CSCS
Personal Training, Nutrition and Triathlon Programming
Affordable Personal and Group Training, OTF
OrangeTheory Fitness Palm Beach Gardens West
Mirasol Walk Plaza (next to Publix), Across the street from PGA National Resort and Tunnies